If you’re going to get into mobile home and/or real estate investing, it’s very important to know the basics of home repair. There will be times when repairs will need to be made. Even if you decide not to do the repairs yourself and decide to hire a contractor(s), it’s important to know home repair basics so you know exactly what’s involved for each project. (Note: One thing about contractors, you will always want to get at least 3 opinions for each project. This way, you can get a feel for rates in your area. Also, you can always negotiate whether or not you want to provide materials and just pay for labor, or both. The choice is up to you).
Here’s a list of my Top 10 Home Repair Books that have helped me. I hope it will help you, too!
1. The Manual For Manufactured/Mobile Home Repair and Upgrade
2. Energy and Repair Guide For Manufactured Housing
3. Mobile Home Repair: An Inexpensive Metal Roof You Can Install
4. Black & Decker Complete Photo Guide to Home Repair
5. Home Improvement 1-2-3: Expert Advice from The Home Depot
6. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Simple Home Repair
7. Better Homes and Gardens Big Book of Home How-To
8. Home Improvement for Dummies
9. Dare to Repair
10. How to Fix Everything For Dummies
Have a question? Sign up for the newsletter for the latest updates and grab my free book.
Interested in learning more about mobile home investing? Be sure to check out my book, thanks for reading!